1. Most popular questions regarding trading with Tickcopy
Triple swap charges apply for positions on FX pairs, Silver and Gold that are held overnight on Wednesday. For the rest of the instruments, triple swap charges apply for positions that are held overnight on Friday. This is a standard practice in the forex industry.
These swaps cover the interest for Saturday and Sunday when the markets are closed. All swaps are calculated based on the quote currency.
If you open a long position of 1 lot on EURAUD, the overnight swap charge would be -14.11 Australian Dollars. If you had opened the same position on a Wednesday and roll over the position to the next day, the swap would be -14.11 * 3.
If the account currency is in USD, then we have to convert the amount above to USD by using AUDUSD spot rate.
We update the swaps based on the rates given to us by our Counterparties and we recommend checking the swap rates on a regular basis within the MT4 platform.
There are two types of positions: buy and sell. You must look at the Financing long for swaps for buy positions and at the Financing short for swaps for sell positions. Swaps are charged at 00:00 platform time.
You can close an account by sending email to [email protected] but we will keep your data, in accordance with legislation, on our files for a minimum period of 7 years.
If your account is zero balance and there are no login attempts made for 90 days, then it will be automatically archived by the system and it will no longer be visible in the Client Area.
We offer 3 account types:
All accounts have the same execution speed.
Their differences are:
The VIP and ECN accounts start at 0.0 pips, whereas the Standard account starts at 1.6 pips.
*There is no commission on the Standard account.
*There is a commission of 1.9 per side per lot (0.0019% notional) on the ECN account in the base currency of the trading instrument.
Example: If you trade 1 lot of EURUSD, which has a contract size of 100,000 EUR, then your commission per side would be 1.9 EUR and 3.8 EUR round turn.
*There is a commission of 1.8 per side per lot (0.0018% notional) on the VIP account in the base currency of the trading instrument.
Example: If you trade 1 lot of EURUSD, which has a contract size of 100,000 EUR, then your commission per side would be 1.8 EUR and 3.6 EUR round turn.
The minimum deposit for the Standard account is: 500 HKD/USD/EUR.
The minimum deposit for the ECN account is: 1,000 HKD/USD/EUR.
The minimum deposit for the VIP account is 30,000 HKD/USD/EUR.
You can find out more information about our account types at:
Yes. Simply send an email to [email protected] with your demo account number and decided balance, our Support team will be more than happy to assist.
Go to our Tickcopy Website and push “Create Account” and fill in the form .
2. Deposits and withdrawals
You can make a deposit inside your Client Areausing any payment method that suits you best. We can refund to you if deposit over USD5000 through Bank Wire (Max USD40 per time)
More details can be viewed in our Website https://www.tickcopy.com/payment-method/.
Log in to your Client Area and fill in the respective withdrawal form.
Yes, you can. However, at the moment of payment, your free margin must exceed the amount specified in the withdrawal instruction including all payment charges. Free margin is calculated as equity minus the necessary margin (which is required to maintain an open position).
If you do not have sufficient free margin on your trading account, we will not carry out the withdrawal request until you submit a corrected withdrawal form and/or close the open positions on your account.
3. Trading conditions
We offer floating spreads for all account types – Standard, ECN and VIP. The Standard account offers variable spreads, starting from 1.6 pips with no commissions. Both ECN and VIP accounts offer variable spreads, starting from 0.0 pips with low commissions.
At market opening and closing times and prior to announcements, the market spreads may widen substantially. Consequently, you must ensure that you have sufficient funds on your account to cover this eventuality.
Traders who use the maximum leverage available face the risk of a negative balance.
For example: Let’s assume that you have 200 USD on your account and you open 1 lot on USDJPY on Friday evening, with 1:500 leverage and 200 USD margin. *
*This is an illustrative example.
On Sunday night, the market opens 30 pips away from Friday’s closing price in a direction against you, so your position will immediately have a loss of 30 pips x 10 USD = 300 USD loss, while you have only 200 USD on your account.
The position will be automatically closed and your account would have a negative balance of -100 USD. This situation is 100% impossible when a trader uses 1:1 leverage. The higher leverage a trader uses, the more risks they take. Please also note that a negative balance may occur due to a slippage during high volatility.
Tickcopy covers the negative balance, ensuring that clients cannot lose more money than they put it. Moreover, our Risk department is constantly monitoring our clients’ risk-taking and if we see that a client trades irresponsibly, then we will notify the client via e-mail and ask them to reduce risk exposure. Also, we might reduce the leverage on the client’s account.
Our margin call / stop out levels are 70% / 50%.
Your account may be subject to a margin call if your account equity falls to a level that is equal to the margin of your existing positions. For example, you have an open position of 1 lot on EURUSD. The margin to hold that position is 200.
When you opened the account, you had a 400 EUR equity on your account. When the position starts to move against you and your account equity falls to 200 EUR, you will have a margin call. But your position will not be closed yet. When your account equity falls to 50% of the required margin, then the system starts to close your positions immediately.
Taking the above example, if you open a position with 200 EUR of margin and your account equity falls to 60 EUR, then the system starts to close your position. If you have several positions opened, then the system closes them starting from the one with the biggest loss.
If, while closing the positions, your account equity reaches a level of more than 50% of the required margin, all other positions will remain open.
The minimum trade size is 0.01 lot and the maximum trade size is 100 lots. HKDHSI minimum trade size is 0.1lot.
The maximum amount of orders you can open on an MT4 account is 200.
Tickcopy provides you with
- low spreads starting from 0.0 pips and
- ultra-fast execution speed of 0.12-0.15 second on average.
- Bank Wire/ Credit card deposits are processed instantly while withdrawals are processed within 3 business day.
We are proud that we have no restrictions on trading and no requotes. We also allow scalping, hedging, EAs and algorithms.
We offer one of the most popular and easy-to-use platforms, MetaTrader 4, which is available for Windows, iOS and Android.
4. Introducing Broker
We do offer an IB program. Here is how it works:
- Open an account in the Client Area. If you are an existing client, please insert your account number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions in the Client Area – IB Room.
- Promote our services to potential clients who may wish to open an account and start trading with us.
- Start receiving IB commissions.
If you want to share your IB link with your clients, then please note that the URL link contains cookies. Cookies will save your IB information. When your client completes the registration form in the Client Area and opens an MT4 account, then your IB code will be provided by default as the main IB.
Tickcopy’s IB Programme is a unique opportunity to earn income, without any investment from your side. Even if you invite only one client, you will get rewarded for every trade he / she places.
Our IB programme has no hidden limitations:
1. no limits for the number of trades;
2. no limits for the duration of trades;
3. no limits for the volume of trades;
4. no limits for the number of new clients you bring during a certain period
5. no limits related to the difference between an open price and close price
We offer special marketing tools that will help you get new clients simply and efficiently. Thanks to our transparent programme, you will be able to check and monitor each client and each trade that brought you a commission.
For more information and to register, please visit our IB page:
You can withdraw your IB commission anytime you want by filling in a withdrawal from inside the Client Area. You can transfer the funds to your Tickcopy live account or withdraw them to your bank account or any other available payment solution.
There are two ways a client can be attached to your IB account:
- We can add an existing client under your IB account upon a email [email protected] request to us and declare your account name and account no from the client.
- You provide your clients with a unique IB referral link. Whenever a new client goes to our website using that link, registers his Client Area and opens a live account, you immediately see him being attached to your IB account.
A Trader can be a PAMM Manager. They open a PAMM account and invest a certain amount of funds in it (manager's capital) by opening an Investor Account. The manager creates a unique proposal, where the terms of cooperation are defined, including the manager's remuneration; the percentage of investor profits they receive as a reward for managing the account.
Investors simply looking for PAMM Rating and find out suitable managers by looking at the independent ratings, and select an account to invest in. If the manager achieves a positive trading result, the investor makes a profit, paying out a percentage set by the manager of this to the manager.
5.2 PAMM Fund Manager
- You can apply to open a PAMM fund or become a fund manager at Tickcopy Dashboard page (https://invest.tickcopy.com/#/broker/dashboard) and push “Open Master Account” Button.
- Follow the instruction of the Tickcopy Website.
- The minimum of 1 investor needs to register for the PAMM fund to activate for trading. The manager can investor account in order to activate his/her manager account.
Fund's profit/loss calculation intervals can be either daily, weekly or monthly based on the fund manager's preference. Profit settlements will be done on the weekends (based on MT4 server time) and the distribution takes place directly to the investors' accounts.
- Performance and Trade fees will be set up when the fund managers sign up for the PAMM Fund. Settlement takes place based on the valuation intervals (daily, weekly, or monthly).
- Profit distribution takes place when (Total equity - Total invested capital) is greater than 0.
5.3 PAMM Investor
- If you are interested in investing in PAMM funds, you can see their performance on Tickcopy PAMM Rating.
- Create Tickcopy Account and complete Client Verification Process.
- Please follow the process for PAMM fund selection, investment amount input, etc. 4. After the PAMM investor account is set up, you will need to transfer the initial investment amount to the PAMM fund to activate your investor account.
- Ownership Ratio = An investor's capital in the PAMM fund / Total invested capital in the PAMM fund
- Investor's profit = (Total equity - Total invested capital) * Ownership Ratio. The final profit is after considering the performance fees.
- Profit settlement is only available when there is a positive performance: (Total equity - Total invested capital) > 0
E.g. Investor A's funds $10,000,
Total invested funds $100,000,
Performance Fee 10%.
Fund's total equity $105000
$5000 (Fund's total profit) * 10% (Ownership Ratio) - $50 (Performance Fee)
Investor Profits = $450